Discover a skilled resource to hire a right candidate to execute the specific role in an organization is called talent acquisition. It is the process of searching the most suitable candidate. It’s the strategic approach to identify and captivate to on-board talented people with desirable skill set to efficiently meet business goals. Hiring is different as it does not include activities like work force segmentation, employment branding, candidate audiences and relationship management, which are the primary components of this process.
How can you improve?
To enjoy the benefits with newly introduced pre-employment hiring process, HR professionals should understand accurate implementation of all six steps of functional processes, as each function fixes the platform for the next. Planning is the first step that identifies who to hire, whereas hiring /recruiting delivers a call to action message to prospective candidates. After that screening helps to sort the most suitable candidate from the large pool of applicants. This is followed by a selection test to evaluate individuals, whether they “can” and “will” do the job. This leads to make final offer which results in the final process of boarding to welcome employees in to the firm.
Following are the few simple talent acquisition tips you can follow to improve the productivity of your organization after discovering most suitable human labour.
- Don’t ignore the power of social media while branding your organization. If your employees are broadcasting about what they like about working in their organization, will help you to create a positive image.
- Consider using employee referral campaigns to appoint new resources, as people working in organization considering business goals while referring an individual.
- Conduct a formal exit interview with candidates resigning job to know what made them to leave your firm. It is better if you hire a third party to conduct such interviews. This will help you to improve the work environment and organizational culture.
- Try to keep your employees busy in challenging tasks, as it will not let them sense no career growth. They will be more excited to complete complex tasks with tough deadlines.
- Make good HR policies and emphasize on wellness, recognition and engagement of every individual employee to motivate and retain them for a longer time period.
Summary: To become a winning employer, it is necessary to improve the process of talent acquisition, which enables you to retain the best workforce for long time periods